Performing Traditional Stories
I perform high energy, engaging traditional stories for all ages. I often incorporate audience participation and improvisation, tweaking the stories so they speak to a modern audience.
* Regent Park Story Circle
* Toronto Catholic District Schools
* Story Planet
* Baycrest Health Sciences
* Harbourfront Centre
* Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities
* Thorncliffe Park Market Day
* Spring Into Parkdale
Performing True Stories
I draw from a rich well of lived experience – including living in a tent for two years, my lesbian schizophrenic mother, almost killing people with my evil mind control (NO REALLY) – to draw my audience in and enthrall them with true stories.
* Toronto Storytelling Festival (2013 – 2018)
* Confabulation (Montreal and Toronto)
* True Stories (Told Live) Toronto
* Dare: Stories We Thought We’d Never Tell
* Raw Storytelling
* Stories of Ours
* Fireside Tales
Performing Solo Shows
My solo shows run from 30 to 75 minutes. Mixing the true and the fantastical, these strange tales feature big characters, emotional depth, and high stakes.
* Toronto Storytelling Festival Storyfire
* Ottawa Speak Out
* High Stakes Storytelling
* Self-produced sold out 5 show run
* Soulo Festival (2014, 2016)
* Ontario Street Theatre
I teach the art of storytelling using a curriculum that I designed, developed, and deliver. I focus on story choice, structure, editing, and performance. My students not only find their storytelling voice, they learn to be comfortable in front of an audience.
- Independent Workshops — Creator, Teacher
2009 – PRESENT
Teach workshops from 2 hours to 7 weeks.
Selected venues: University of Toronto, York University, Toronto Catholic District Schools, Diane Franklin Co-Op, Toronto Storycamp, Story Planet, Self-Produced Workshops
- Seneca College — Creator, Teacher
2014 – 2017
Taught fourteen week classes on the Art of Storytelling, covering both traditional and true stories.
- Second City — Creator, Teacher
2014 – 2015
Taught 7 week classes on Telling Compelling True Stories, culminating in a student performance showcase.
* Toronto Star
* Now Magazine
* NPR Radio
* CBC Radio
* Maclean’s Magazine